When it comes to plumbing issues and maintenance, some things are better left to the professionals. Although drains are one of the most critical parts of your home’s plumbing system, many people forget this step when it comes to home maintenance. Thankfully, there are several warning signs that present themselves before a drain gets completely clogged, allowing you enough time to call your local plumbing expert.
Here’s what to look out for:
- Slow Drains. If your sink or tub takes longer than usual to drain, this is usually the first sign that a clog is forming in your pipes. Soap, hair, and grease can be the cause of these clogs, and while you may be able to continue using your sink or tub for a while, it is always better to solve the problem before it gets worse.
- Frequent Clogs. When a clog forms in your drain or toilet, this is a major sign of drain trouble. All of the junk causing the slow drains has completely blocked water from being able to flow through the pipe. If the clog is not removed properly, it can result in continuous standing water, eventually causing permanent damage to your pipes. Sometimes the clog stems from the pipes in your toilet or sink, but many times it is a broader issue related to your home’s sewer line, which is why it is usually best to have a professional take a look.
- Unpleasant Smell. Mysterious odors usually means a build-up of junk, resulting in sewer gases being pushed back up through the drain. These gases being released into your home can be hazardous to your health and should always be cleaned by a professional.
- Gurgling Sounds. When you hear a gurgling noise after water goes down your drain, this is a sign of a clog, causing oxygen to bubble up. Without a professional drain cleaning, a full-blown clog is bound to occur, resulting in major issues down the line.
- Nothing. Sometimes, it’s better to be proactive. Even if there are no signs of a problem, taking preventative measures and scheduling an annual drain cleaning is an extremely effective way to avoid potential drain or sewer issues in the future.
If you’ve noticed any of these warning signs, or just want to get ahead of the game, schedule a drain cleaning with RighTime Home Services in Orange County by calling (714) 793-0739 or visiting https://www.rightimeservices.com.