With the summer heat in full swing, preparing for the fall season may be the last thing on your mind. In reality, now may be the best time to have your system checked and ready for the cooler months ahead. We always recommend that you don’t wait for the hot weather to hit to call your HVAC professional, and the same goes for the fall cool down and winter chill! The first day of autumn “falls” on September 23 this year. Be prepared early, and call RighTime Home Services today for a fall tune-up, giving you more time to enjoy the fall season when it hits.
See below for some tips for preparing for the fall season:
- Make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector installed. The state of California requires all residences to have a detector, as it can alert you to odorless gasses emitted from furnaces, fireplaces, stoves and other gas-fired appliances.
- Check your home’s attic insulation to ensure warm air from the heated spaces of your home is not leaking into the unheated attic. You don’t want your system to work overtime, working to make up for lost air, to keep you warm.
- Change your filters and get your ducts cleaned. Changing your filter can keep dirt and debris from building up, and takes only minutes.
- Consider investing in a programmable or wi-fi thermostat. After running your system hard all summer, consumers often worry about the money they’ll spend on keeping their home warm through the colder months, as well. After installing a programmable or wi-fi thermostat, you can ensure that your home receives accurate temperature reads and is working at its most economical, no matter the temperature outside.
- On sunny days, take advantage of the sun to bring in heat. Adjust blinds so they are open and tilted toward the ceiling—but be sure to close the blinds at sundown.
For more information on RighTime Home Services, or to schedule a fall service tune-up, visit us at https://www.rightimeservices.com/locations/orange-county/ or call (714) 793-0739.