Fall is here, so you may be wondering if now is the right time to schedule air conditioning maintenance. Many experts advise that the best time to schedule a maintenance appointment is at the beginning of the cooling season. Scheduling a technician to come tune up your system early in the cooling season is a great way to prevent sudden repair needs that may interfere with performance. Having a professional perform maintenance tasks will better inform you of needed repairs before your system unexpectedly breaks down.
Some things require immediate attention, while other tasks should be done seasonally or annually.
Right now could be the right time to:
- Purchase a high-efficiency pleated air filter – By investing in a more efficient, quality air filter, you’ll be able to change your filters less frequently.
- Replace your carbon monoxide detector battery – Before you know it, it will be winter and you’ll be using your furnace, fireplace or space heater. Ensure that your house is safer from the dangers of carbon monoxide by updating, or installing, a carbon monoxide detector.
- Clear at least two feet of space around outdoor HVAC units – In California, most of our HVAC units are inside the home. But, for those whose HVAC unit is outside the home, it’s important to clear debris and such from around your unit. This will help keep the unit working efficiently.
Each season is the right time to:
- Replace your air filters – we recommend every three months.
- Schedule an AC and furnace system maintenance check – schedule a check up every Spring and Fall, at the least.
Once a year is the right time to:
- Schedule a heat pump and gas-fired furnace check-up
- Ensure outdoor AC unit is on firm and level ground
- Clear AC condensate drain
A typical maintenance appointment with RighTime could include:
- Calibrate thermostat(s)
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Inspect condenser, fan motor and blades
- Flush condenser drain
- Check voltage and amperage draw
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils
- Check central air conditioner’s refrigerant level
- Clean and adjust blower components
- Check all gas (or oil) connections, gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchanger
Don’t let your system give out on you, or work overtime because it hasn’t been properly maintained. Give RighTime Home Services a call (714) 793 – 0739 or visit https://www.rightimeservices.com/locations/orange-county/.