With the holiday season finally here, many families and homeowners are looking to save money however and wherever they can. Not only can you save by shopping and eating out less, but you can save in the home, too!
Take a look at these simple tips from RighTime Home Services to help you save in the home this December, and all year long:
- Call a plumber no matter how small the leak. People often assume that little drips will stop on their own, but most just end up getting worse and can lead to costly repairs. By calling a plumber to check your small leaks, you could save yourself in the long run.
- Start a compost pile. Kitchen sink disposals require extra water to operate properly. A great way to save water, energy, and money, is to start a compost pile as an alternative method of disposing of natural food waste, instead of using your garbage disposal. Take a look at these simple steps from Rodale’s Organic Life on how to build your own compost pile at home: http://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/garden/how-compost
- Soak up the sun. Open your blinds and drapes during the day to allow as much sunlight to come into your home as possible. This will naturally heat your home, allowing you to save on energy bills. Then, when the sun goes down, close your blinds and drapes in order to hold more heat inside your home.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat. Investing in a programmable thermostat can conserve a considerable amount of energy and money, not to mention that they are a great gift this season! If you have already installed one in your home, consider programming your thermostat to lower the temperature while you’re at work or while sleeping. This can help reduce what you’re spending on energy without compromising the comfort you enjoy at home.
- Switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs. We naturally use our light bulbs more due to the shorter winter days. Switching to fluorescent light bulbs will use less energy, which can save you money. Compact fluorescents have also been tested to last up to five years. As a starting point, consider replacing the five most used lights in your home with fluorescent bulbs to help save on your electric bill.
For more information on any air conditioning, heating and plumbing needs, give RighTime Home Services of Orange County a call at (714) 793-0739 or visit https://www.rightimeservices.com/locations/orange-county/.