America is embracing the freedom of wireless connections. Many American households are converting from traditional thermostats to Wi-Fi thermostats, also known as “smart thermostats”. A Wi-Fi thermostat allows homeowners to wirelessly control the temperature in the home, whether from the comfort of the living room sofa, or automatically in advance of their arrival home when their mobile phone is detected at a set distance away. Now, that’s smart!
Looking for a great Father’s Day gift idea beyond the usual necktie? Wow Dad with a Wi-Fi thermostat this year. Here are just a few reasons why this smart tool makes a perfect gift:
- Extra Savings: According to the EPA’s Energy Star program, homes with programmable thermostats save an average of $180 per year1 on heating and cooling.
- Easy Programming: Smart thermostats not only have clear and easy to understand displays for intuitive programming, they can also send alerts when there is an issue with the system, and indicate when it is time for a maintenance check.
- Energy Efficient: If you’re the forgetful type, “learning models2” have the ability to turn off when you leave your home and turn on just in time to reach your desired temperature as you return home. Your thermostat will learn to keep your home comfortable whenever you’re there, while powering down and saving energy when you’re not.
- Control: Wi-Fi enabled thermostats do an excellent job at communicating with your heating and cooling system, allowing for precise control over the comfort of your home. Many also communicate with outdoor sensors, displaying accurate readings of outdoor conditions while adjusting your home’s HVAC system accordingly.
- Accessibility: As long as your wireless router is working at home, Wi-Fi enabled thermostats can be accessed from anywhere with an Internet connection, including your mobile device.
How do you know if your home is equipped to handle a Wi-Fi thermostat? It’s important to first consult your heating and air conditioning professional to evaluate your home and the state of the current system. From there, the professional can educate you on the best Wi-Fi thermostat options to suit your needs and schedule an installation.
If you’re interested in installing a Wi-Fi thermostat in your home, or just want to talk further on the best option for you, give us a call at (951) 643 – 0570 or visit us at https://www.rightimeservices.com/location/riverside/.